Thursday, August 16, 2012

Old and New

Got a metric bundle of images for today! They say it's never too late to fix a mistake in your piece; well how about a year and a half later? The first piece here, floaty space lady, was a piece I did back in January of 2011 and it's stuck around as a favorite since then, but had some pretty glaring errors, so this week I went back in and revamped it, fixed some stuff and brought it up to snuff! Was an interesting experience to see how differently I paint now. And the second one, demon bro, was a 'gah I can't draw!' doodle that ended up being worth finishing, so that was fun! It's probably not a good thing that horrific face-eating demons are the things that most readily emerge from my subconscious, but oh well.


Then these two here are another couple character commissions for the lovely folks on dA, I think these two are some of my favorites so far! The water on the first one was a blast to do.


And to finish it off here's some sketches and studies. The first one a quick still life that I just had an idea for and had to get out of my system, the second the obligatory figure study (this time in oil!) and the third a quick study of the lovely Colorado National Monument, which used to be only like 20 minutes away from my house. Fun times!

And that's all for now, thanks for looking! There will be blood... I mean more, more artwork... and probably some blood involved in the process of making it. Cheerio!





No comments:

Post a Comment