Monday, April 25, 2011

Master Copy - Rockwell WIP

Here's a new image for today. Apologies for not updating over the weekend, I was out of town visiting with family, teachers, and tasty oil paintings, and I figured your inboxes would prefer to be asked forgiveness than permission.

Anywho, this is the beginning stages of our latest assignment in head painting class, which is to copy a piece by the great Norman Rockwell. Needless to say it'll be no easy task, but I'm looking forward to it.

I tried to focus a lot on this drawing, cause most of my portraits so far have fallen apart in the drawing more than the painting, so I worked this all up in perspective, made sure to compare distances between features and wiped out and repainted any errors I could find. I think it was definitely worth it, the likeness isn't perfect but I think the structure is solid. There are some issues with the eyes and nose that I fixed but didn't get a chance to photograph, so it should be in pretty good shape. We'll see tomorrow when the rest of the painting goes down!

No comments:

Post a Comment