Thursday, April 14, 2011

WIP Oil Portrait & Sketches

What do you mean I forgot to update yesterday? Preposterous!

Ok maaaaybe I missed it, had a pretty weird day, pretty much all our scheduled classes didn't happen and we were gonna pull an all nighter but I didn't so everything was crazy and I forgot but that's ok. To make up for it, here's a double dose of stuff!

First off here's a work-in-progress of a remake of Monday's oil portrait, I spent a lot more time working on the drawing and focused much more on trying to render the forms accurately, it made a big difference and I think it's much better in terms of handling color and temperature. Gonna go back in to it tomorrow probably and add the bangles and jangles and all that business, should be pretty fun!





















And secondly here's some random sketches and scribbles from the good ol' sketchbook. It's been a while since I've just chilled out and drawn like this, been so busy working on full-on homework stuff, but this was really fun and quite relaxing so I'm gonna try and make it a point to spend 30 mins or an hour a day just sketching for fun.

1 comment: