Thursday, June 16, 2011

Figure Drawing - 6-16-11

What do you mean all I've posted is figure drawings for 3 days in a row? Don't you like figure drawings? Geez gimme a break, I just figured you'd prefer this to cast drawing updates every day.

Now that that's out of the way, here's the results of the second session of our 3-session 9 hour pose. I transferred my graphite drawing from the previous session on to a canvas, inked it to preserve the lines, and then painted on top in oil. My main goal was to see and apply the color really well, and although it got a little higher chroma than I intended I'd rather be able to see it and go too far, then learn to reel it back in to a more realistic range.

Next session I'll probably try and focus on getting the forms to work better and hopefully it'll turn this in to a pretty decent study. Really enjoying the process so far though, it's much more successful than my previous two figure paintings. Practice practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment