Wednesday, August 24, 2011

D&D Character Concept Sketches

Not too much to show today, but here's some sketches for the design of my character in the D&D group we started up at the Austin POD.

He's a deva cleric that I'm thinking is going to have been betrayed and abandoned his divine ways and turned to a darker path, which should provide some interesting visual opposites in shape language, which is what the little comparisons at the bottom are for.

I'd like to design and draw this guy out really well, so this might be a project I work on for the next month or so until reaching a finished illustration, but maybe it won't take that long, we'll see how much work on it free time will allow, hehe.

Still got a lot of work to do on him obviously, these are just basic ideas, need to do lots more thumbnails and iterations and experimenting until I find the right mix of things, but it should be a lot of fun. One of the nice things about playing D&D is that it's a game, but half of it is doing concept work, so I can totally say that it's productive, pwnage.

No comments:

Post a Comment