Friday, September 9, 2011

Figure Drawing - 9-8-11

Here's my drawing from tonight's figure session. I had a pretty frustrating day so I went back to pastels for the first time in a long time to just play with shapes and values and form and just have fun and not worry about studying something specific, and I think it turned out pretty successfully.

My initial plan was just to use the brown and light yellow, but as always seems to happen I got ancy and busted out a warm and cool pastel to spice things up, which I think in this case turned out to be a good decision, I like some of the more saturated linework set against the more muted forms inside, it's something I'd want to play with for sure, maybe see if I can get some of that effect in to my finished works.

I was also trying to do a decent composition for possibly the first time ever in a life drawing session, and I think it worked out alright. The flowy white cloth was added from imagination and I think overall the piece ended up having some nice elegance, lots of fun for sure.

Hope ya dig!

2 comments: