Sunday, September 11, 2011

Warhammer 40k character Pt. 2

Here's some progress on my Warhammer character, took my pencil sketch in to painter and am just shapefudging the heck out of it. I've never been much of a lineart guy, so hopefully I'll be able to work out some nice shapes and then pull out some forms from this mess. Still need to finish working out the rest of his equipment and his backstory though so I can get all the little quirks and details right.

Looking forward to working more on it though; it's been a while since I've just painted something for fun and not had to worry about making it modelable or anything. And I'm having some fun with this painterly process, incorporating some color in to this initial values stage is really enjoyable I think, start setting up temperatures right from the get go. Black & white underpaintings might be going bye-bye for me, aww yeah. Good tiems.

No comments:

Post a Comment