Friday, September 2, 2011

Figure Painting - 9-2-11

Here's yet another figure painting, the final for the drawing I posted up yesterday. Had a lot of fun with this one and feel like I'm finally starting to make some progress in understanding with these silly oils. Slowly but surely my mixing knowledge and control of color is improving, I'm really excited to see how much this helps my digital work cause I won't need to rely on overlays and glow effects nearly as much since this is forcing me to learn how to create those effects just by using the right colors.

And as far as that's concerned, I'm actually pretty happy with this piece; I think a lot of the color variation is working, and it's getting closer to having the effect of light I've been trying to achieve, and I think I managed to pull off a little glow in the background around her hips. So I think, for the most part, I can cross color off of my list of things to stop sucking at with oils. Next up is edge control, after that brush work. Then the ever-present problem of actually drawing a decent figure to paint on top of, gonna be pushing that forever, which I thoroughly look forward to.

Hope ya dig it!

No comments:

Post a Comment